Why we are offering a Torque in pink
Sep 23, 2016
It's almost October. That may make you think of many things. Maybe the arrival of Autumn or the World Series. Maybe hunting season will be in full swing for you. And whatever you think of it, it will be the time of the pink ribbons. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.
This year, SimpleShot will be offering a pink product this year to raise money for Breast Cancer research and awareness.
Why would we do this? We're glad you asked. Did you know:
- Every two minutes a woman in the U.S. is diagnosed with breast cancer
- About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- In 2016, there are more than 2.8 million women with a history of breast cancer in the U.S.
- For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung cancer.
These are epidemic proportions. So we want to be a small piece of the solution.
We've created a product that's not only super cool, but it will directly raise money for breast cancer research. It's a Torque and it's pink. We're selling it for the normal price of $29.95, but for every one sold we are donating $10 to breast cancer research.
Buy something you love; be the end of cancer.
This October you're bound to see hundreds of ways to give to this cause. It's a bit overwhelming, honestly.
How best to donate? How do I know this is legit?
1. Does any money from this purchase go to support breast cancer programs? How much?
We are donating ten dollars for every pink Torque sold to BCRF. Period. That's 30% of the price straight to charity.
2. What organization will get the money? What will they do with the funds, and how do these programs turn the tide of the breast cancer epidemic?
We have selected Breast Cancer Research Foundation to be the recipient of our donation. Why?
BCRF is consistently the highest rated foundation in America by independent charity watchdog groups. 91% of donated funds go directly to research and awareness programs.
BCRF has funded 10,876,960 hours of research since 1993. Yes, you read that correctly.
3. Is there a “cap” on the amount the company will donate? Has this maximum donation already been met? Can you tell?
There's no cap. We'll donate 10 dollars for every one we sell. The more we sell the more we donate.
4. Does this purchase put you or someone you love at risk for exposure to toxins linked to breast cancer? What is the company doing to ensure that its products are not contributing to the breast cancer epidemic?
One way people are exposed to toxins these days is from imported products where toxic garbage makes it into products. We make our slingshots right here in North Carolina. We have an excellent relationship with our manufacturer and are very careful in all our processes to use the best and cleanest materials out there.
Secondly, our products encourage users to get outside, be active and have fun. Experts agree, one of the best ways to prevent breast cancer is to exercise! So get off the couch and go outside (and shoot a slingshot while you're out there).
So this October, get something you love for yourself or someone you love and know that your purchase is directly enabling breast cancer research and awareness. Be a part of being the end of breast cancer.