FlipClip for SCOUT LT Owners Manual (online version)
This manual covers installation and banding with FlipClip X™ for Scout LT.
Installation Instructions for the FlipClip X™ for Scout XT™
1. Choose your preferred band configuration/orientation and line up your FlipClips™ accordingly. No need to place a specific clip on the left or right. FlipClip X for Scout LT are interchangeable!
2. Carefully fasten the FlipClip™ to your Scout LT™ frame. Take care to ensure the screw is installed straight into the hole to avoid cross threading and keep it loose for now to leave room to insert your bands.
3. Place your band all the way into the FlipClip™ and press/pinch the FlipClip™ firmly to hold the band in place. Leaving the clip loose in step 2 will make this step easier.
4. Tighten the fastener the rest of the way. Shown using a screwdriver. You may also use a coin, washer, back of your pocketknife or anything else that fits the oversized slot. Do NOT over tighten. Hand tight is just right.
5. Carefully stretch your bands while inspecting the attachment point to ensure the bands are securely fastened. Always wear eye protection!
6. HAVE FUN!
Get to know the FlipClip X™ for Scout LT™
- The "sharper" edge of the FlipClip X™ is the edge that clamps the band (see image - arrow pointing to the "tooth" edge). This is the side of the clip with the logo printed on it.
- The "rounder" edge of the FlipClip X™ is the edge that rests against the frame providing leverage and strength.
NOTE: The FlipClip X™ for Hammer and for Scout LT™ do NOT have a left and right component.
The parts for Hammer XT and Scout XT are interchangeable for OTT or TTF!
Installing bands in the Over The Top (OTT) configuration on the Scout XT™.
- The "tooth" side of the FlipClip should be UP.
Installing bands in the Through the Forks (TTF) configuration on the Scout XT™.
- The "tooth" side of the FlipClip should be OUT.